Pickup schedule for Telfair –
Garbage – Every Tuesday and Friday Carts should be out by 7 a.m. on collection day but NO EARLIER than 6 p.m. the evening before. Set carts at the base of the curb with wheels against the curb, handles facing away from street, lids closed. Carts should be removed from public view by the end of the collection day.
Recycling – Every Tuesday Carts should be put out and brought back in the same as Garbage carts above. The carts should be placed at least three feet apart to ensure the collection truck can service both carts.
Bulky Waste – 4th Monday each month Items should be out by 7 a.m. on your collection day and NO EARLIER than 6 p.m. the evening before. Items should be placed directly on the curb, not in your garbage cart. This does NOT include construction, demolition or hazardous wastes.
Green Waste – Every Friday
- Set your green waste out by 7 a.m. on your collection day but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before. No more than 10 cubic yards will be collected.
- Loose materials such as grass clippings and leaves should be placed in a reusable container or in bags and tied. Clear or translucent bags are recommended. Compostable bags are not required.
- If a reusable container is used, it needs to be removed from the curb by the end of the day, after your collection has occurred.
- Brush and tree limbs must be less than 4 inches in diameter and less than 4 feet in length; or between 4 and 6 inches and less than 2 feet in length.
- Brush and tree limbs must be stacked in small piles (3 feet high and 3 feet wide). Bundling of tree limbs is not required, but recommended.
- Green waste should be set out at the curb at least four feet from other objects.
- Do not place green waste in your city issued garbage or recycle cart.
- If you have a lawn care professional tending your yard, please request that they service your yard prior to your collection day.
For assistance with Waste and Recycling, contact Republic Services
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 713-726-7307
Note: Telfair Community Association does not hire nor set the rules for any trash services.
Please contact the City of Sugar Land for more information