Telfair Community Association Owners,
In an effort to better serve the residents of Telfair and to have open communication pertaining to your account we ask that you take a moment and set up your Sterling ASI account to receive E-mail Notifications.
You can do this by following 4 very simple steps. For your convenience, the instructions are listed below and attached if you are more of a visual person.
1. Log in to Sterlingasi.net
- Should you need your login/registration information please contact SterlingASI to obtain it. Sterling can be reached by e-mail, chat, or telephone.
- Phone: 832-678-4505
- Chat: Sterlingasi.net: Click chat now, if it is after 5:00 PM please leave a message and a representative will get with you the following day.
2. Once you login select User Profile
3. After selecting user profile select Email Options
4. After selecting the email option you will see a list of options to choose from
- You will need to enter a valid e-mail in the email address section
- Please check the notices you want to receive via e-mail
- After finalizing your notification you will need to select SAVE
to all of the newly elected
Telfair Community Association Board Members
and their appointed positions!
Srini Chittaluru - President
Parvez Hussain - Sr. Vice President (Operations)
Tommy Phillips - Vice President (Community Engagement)
Deepak Kanwar - Treasurer
Haiping Ni - Secretary
Afshi Merchant - Director
Srikirishna Venugopal - Director
Congratulations to all of the
Neighborhood Delegate and Alternate
Thank you to all owners that participated in voting for your neighborhood Delegate/Alternate
One of the many benefits of owning a home in a Deed Restricted Community is the commitment among neighbors to maintain their property in a neat, attractive, and well-landscaped condition to enhance the overall beauty and aesthetic appeal of the Community.
How the process works. The Telfair Community is driven by the management team twice per month. That means that every home is reviewed on a regular basis for non-compliance. The goal of sending out a deed restriction letter of non-compliance is to help preserve the level of beautification and aesthetic appeal that you, as a new Telfair owner, originally bought in to. When the community is driven the management looks at many different items, such as but not limited to, trash cans that are visible to public view, dead or dying landscaping, faded wrought iron (fences, balconies, driveway gates, or light fixtures) & visible mold/mildew on the home, back of the homes visible from the levee/lake, just to name a few.
If a compliance issue is noticed then a courtesy letter is sent. The courtesy letter allows owners 30 days to correct the violation or communicate with the management team. If the correction has not been made when the management drives the community after the 30 day period then a second letter is sent via certified mail at the owner's expense. If the compliance issue is still not resolved after another 30 day period and after the certified letter is sent, then and a fine letter is sent and charged to the owner's account.
The Community Charter of Telfair, as well as the Fine Policy, are located for review on Telfair Life.
Please be sure to look at the Community FAQ located on Telfair Life to learn how to set up your account to receive e-mail notifications of violations from Sterling ASI.